Buffy in Daily Life||>
was walking out of the theater after seeing Simply
Irresistible, and the song that was playing had the line "Bewitched,
bothered and bewildered" in it. Later, I found out that it was
the remake of an old Frank Sinatra song, but it did get me to
think. See, maybe in the end, everything goes back to Buffy.
So my thinking was, Buffy could be in everything, in some weird,
six degrees of Kevin Bacon sort of way, hence this page. So, this
page is dedicated to finding normal things that are of Buffy,
so that we can all see something ordinary and see the extraordinary
Buffy-ness in it.
I used to take submissions, but since I will be away, I am not
at this time. If I can, I may re-instate the form, but at this
time, I cannot. Thank you.
[School Studies] [Holidays]
[Books and Comics] [Movies
mentioned] [Herbs] [Gods]
- What would any barbecue be without A1 steak sauce?
(Or the Annointed One as a steak...)
- Eat your animal crackers, but leave the monkey pants
alone! (thanks to sokissme)
- Apple sauce- a fundamental part of brain-sucked Tara's
diet. (thanks Julie)
- Bacon: Xander prefers it cooked
- Willow writes about ymmy bagels in her journal. (thanks
- Buffy want beer! (thanks Jessi)
- Bovril and a good book. Yum. (thanks to: Sysop1)
- Brownies: The thing to eat when your mom's only eating
- Burgers are nice as long as you know the meat is really
- Buffallo wings are Spike's favorites at the Bronze.
- Cabbage sometimes looks like a toupee
- Better take care when your parents eat candy bars in
- Coffee is not a date - it's a caffeinated beverage.
- Cheese (of course!)
- The Chicken salad sandwich is Willow's. (thanks to:
- Chocolatey anything
- It was Buffy's "Buttery Croissant". (thanks Jacqui)
- Even a jelly doughnut's timing can be impeccable.
- Sunnyside up eggs look like two little boobs (thanks to Kerriann)
- Eggplant - is it an egg, or is it a plant?
- Fish Sticks (thanks to DeAnna)
- Faith gets along with Buffy's french fries. (thanks
- Frozen Yogurt (when it's nonfat, it's the post-slaying
food of choice for our heroine) (thanks to: Tori
- You may have to get used to picking fruit out of your
hair. (thanks to: Julie)
- Joyce can no longer have fruit punch... :(
- Garlic. Duh.
- Gatorade, which may have an ick factor.
- ... and add that new blue flavor (thanks to Kerriann)
- "Gravy has blood in it doesn't it?" (thanks to Nikki)
- "Ooh, Jello!" (thanks Jessi)
- When you see Happy Meals, do you wonder what it would
be like if they had legs?
- Better check your hard boiled eggs for baby bezoars
- Ho-hos are a vital part of Xander's cognitive processes. (thanks
- Hot Chocolate is best with those little marshmallows
- No more surprises in my hot dogs!
- Ice is cool... it's water, but it's not.
- Some moments call for ice cream of some kind. (thanks
- Kicking @$$ is Buffy's comfort food
- Yes, you do put sugar in the lemonade. (Although,
if you're clem, some Country Time is also good.)
- Getting sugared up on mochas seems to settle our heroes
- They got the mustard out
- Onion Blossoms are the best things at the Bronze (thanks
- Orange Juice. "Quality Juice. Not From Concentrate!"
(thanks to Liz)
- Oreos (thanks to efrat)
- Pancakes...funny shapes or rounds? (thanks to Kerriann)
- Pez! (thanks to: Ryan)
- Pork and Beans: Sometimes a vamp, mostly just ewey
- Peanut-butter-and-banana quesadillas (Dawn and her
crazy cooking experiments) (thanks Julieta)
- Quiche: Angel isn't exactly living off it.
- Cordy nibbles on Saltines (thanks cookie)
- There are worlds without shrimp? Good for Tara. (thanks
- At least you don't have to eat your Soylent Green
- Special K. This cereal is eaten by the wackiest lovers
of the Buffyverse. (Get it Oz=Seth Green=Special K???)
- Salami and...eew! Peanut butter? (thanks to:
- Sugar: because they are fans of the sugar rush
- tea and scones (the watcher beverage and food of choice
- "I'm so stuffy, give me a scone!")(thanks to: Galetea)
- Although Wesley has the brain capacity of a blueberry scone...
- The Tomato: Fruit or Vegetable?
- Tuna - what Crazy Tara liked
- Vodka, good for whatever interdimensional slug has
infected ya. (thanks Jessi)
- Waffles. They have these perfect grooves for syrup
- Weetabix: it's so crunchy in bloo-milk! (thanks to
- Ziti - what to eat when you're with John Cusak
- Flying monkeys: The bane of any school play (thanks
- Don't let anyone make you a butt-monkey! (thanks Jana)
- Mickey Mouse: less adept at cleaning than Willow
- Sharks: even if they're on land
- Who has frog fear? (Thanks Jenn)
- Eagles helped the Chumash (thanks to Kerriann)
- Ever want to see a guy turn into a bear? (thanks to
- After Vamp Willow's "pet name" for Angel, Drusilla and Sunshine,
and what Angelus did to one in the past, can you ever see puppies
the same again??
(thanks to LadyShery)
- Butterflies: From hair to bedroom walls, this is the
Buffyverse's accessory of choice.
- Dog racing - the sport of vamps everywhere.
- Bunnies - what do they need such good eyesight for
- Kittens, the cutest currency, and so delicious (well,
that's what they say...) (thanks to: Stiggur)
- Sigfried and Roy...or one of the tigers... (thanks Amber)
- James Spader...needs to call me (thanks: Sunny)
- John Tesh = the Devil (thanks: Sunny)
- Yoko: Queen of the Factor... (thanks: Louise)
- The Key is not Bob Barker! (thanks to: sweetie)
- Charlize Theron: Harmony would do her... (thanks to: emily)
- How did Nero get his very first fiddle?
- David Brinkley - when Anya gets old and wrinkly...
- Fast food crewpeople
- Who wants to marry Bob Dole?
- Yma Sumak - who demons sing
- Don't piss off the Cafeteria Lady. (Thanks Jenn)
- Lord of the Dance (the scary one?) (thanks Prudence)
- Avoid popular culture professors (thanks to Kerriann)
- or maybe midgets?
- Ghandi never gets pissed off (thanks Galetea!)
- Spiro Agnew - a VP and a demon?
- John Cusak - I'll eat anything with him...
- Baby Cousins
- Psychology Professors
- Computer Teachers
- Keyser Soze (thanks to: Celeste)
- Martha Stewart - not a demon, just a witch
- The Village People - can you ever listen/sing to Macho
Man without mimicking Buffy? (thanks to: Mids)
- Cibbo Matto: They aren't just clog dancers anymore!
- Scully - as in "Don't Scully me!" (thanks to: Meaghan)
- You don't have to be a bloodsucking fiend to be a Manchester
United fan, but it helps! (Thanks to: TSK)
- American Indians and their spirits (thanks to: Tori)
- Magic shops (thanks Jessi)
- Movie Theatres, of foreign porn and poisoned arrows (thanks
- Los Angeles - City of Angel (thanks Jessi)
- Airports - bye Giles! (thanks Aimée)
- Bus terminals - where 300lb winos will wash your hair... (thanks
- Old Faithful is not a dog. ;) (thanks cookie)
- Africa: we got your souls riiight here... (thanks to: Kelsey)
- Asylums - are they real or not?
- Guam: where to raise penguins with Bob Dole
- Fast Food Restaurants
- Cafeterias - where one can study Lunch! (Thanks Jenn)
- Graveyards - duh. (Thanks Jenn)
- Dorms: Room 214 anyone? (thanks Prudence)
- England - The site of Rupert and "Randy" Giles!
- Hotels: Where Angel Investigations have to deal with exterminators
putting in bugs.
- Buffy's game is in Cuernavaca? (thanks Jacqui)
- Law Firms - like an evil Ally McBeal.
- California of course!
- Ireland is where they make Angels!
- Oxford University... because that's where they make Gileses!
(Thanks to Galetea)
- The Morgue is where Scoobies do time. (thanks to Elizabeth)
- Hospitals = bad. (thanks to Elizabeth)
- Ice Skating rinks: the best place for slicing off vamp heads.
(thanks to Elizabeth)
- Bowling Alleys: it's all sexy with the smoke and the rented
shoes. (thanks to: Ryan)
- Have you seen the softer side of Sears? (thanks to: Ryan)
- Libraries: Don't you wish you had one like Giles? (thanks
- Museums: Just try to go to a mummy exhibition.
- Clubs - for things made of Bronze!
to Study At School:
- What are you gonna study, Advanced Loser Being? (thanks Jessi)
- French - how hard can it be if French babies can speak it
- Math - it's more fun when you sing about it
- (of course you could always study Lunch) (Thank you LadyShery)
- In college, they started with Psychology (thanks rissa!)
- "Taking Drama?"
- Napping 101 is what it's all about (thanks Jacqui)
- Buffy couldn't handle Sociology
- But maybe she could handle Advanced Walking (thanks: adeline)
- or Introduction to Pies... (thanks: adeline)
- But the class that changed Buffy's life was "Contemporary
American Heroes from Amelia Earhart to Maya Angelou" (thanks
- Valentine's Day
- Riley and Buffy weren't going to the Sock Hop! (thanks Julie)
- Sadie Hawkins
- Spring Fling
- Homecoming (thanks email@example.com)
- And how could we forget the ever famous Snoopy Dance? (thanks
- or the Dance of a Brave Little Toaster...
- and the Dance of Capitalism is fun
- As well as the Dances of Joy and Sorrow that Joss does so
- tap dancing
- The school newspaper (thanks Jessi)
- Wicca groups (thanks Julie)
- Swim Teams
- The Lesbian Alliance - Hey, even Riley's a member! (thanks
- Basketball Team (thanks to J9)
- Cheerleading Squads
- the Band
- Fraternities (and their parties)
- The Chess Team (thanks to witch_912)
- The Yearbook Committee
- The Talent Show Committee (thanks to Stephanie)
- Jaws - "We're gonna need a bigger boat..." (thanks
- Old Yeller: A movie - not a Willow... (thanks cookie)
- Witness: "You can't fight back because you're
Amish!" (thanks Ally)
- The Geeks love Star Wars
- Who likes Death of a Salesman anyway?
- Xander thinks King Ralph is funny. (To each his own...)
- Phantasm (thanks rissa)
- Gunn apparently likes CHUD: Cannabilistic Humaniod Underground
- Apocolypse Now (thanks to Kerriann)
- A Summer Place
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- The Creature from the Black Lagoon
- The Blue Lagoon
- Thelma and Louise (thanks to Lady
- Fantasia: "Maybe it's because of all the horrific things
we've seen, but hippos wearing tutus just don't unnerve me the
way they used to." (thanks to: Nikki)
- Steel Magnolias (thank you Senzcy)
- Jonathan starred in The Matrix?? (thanks to:
- I hope Clem got to see The Wedding Planner...
Books and Comics:
- The Cat in the Hat: Don't try to balance the fish bowl
on your head... (thanks to both Sarah
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: very scary book
- Deep End of the Ocean: What not to read when
your daughter's run away.
- Superman: Do I have to cite all the secret slayer/
Clark Kent jokes?
- Brave New World
- HarryPotter: She doesn't know what Hogwarts is?
- The Incredible Hulk
- Dark horse comics did some for Jonathan.
- Spiderman: for when that spider-sense is tingling
- Could Giles be Alfred in Batman? "No, Alfred had a
- Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- I Robot: you Jane?
- The Avengers
- "No! It's not what you think! It's magic weed! No...I
don't mean that either..." (thanks Sarah
- Mandrake Root
- Eye of Newt, while not technically a herb, is still profound
- so are Salamander eyes
Gods (the real kind)
- Adonai Elohim
- A girl can always wear a "dashing tuxedo" (thanks Julie)
- Why do all of Willow's shirts have such stupid things on them?
- Sparkly dresses for Prom are cool... especailly when Xander
buys them... (thanks Julie)
- According to Xander, "A nice comfy overcoat and a ski cap!"
is what Buff should wear on a date. It will bring out her eyes!
- Hookerwear, Cordelia's successful clothesline (thanks Jessi)
- Those sushi pyjamas did look yummy. (thanks Lee)
- Prophecy girls get to wear great white dresses. (thanks cookie)
- Don't mess with a Slayer's favorite (only) shirt... (thanks
- Medieval garb makes Buffy feel strangely weak. (thanks cookie)
- Too bad she couldn't have dreesed up like Xena...
- Leather: the choice for all the baddies. (thanks Onyx)
- Billowy cloaks make Angel look really broody. (thanks cookie)
- Buffy never quakes in her stylish yet affordable boots. (thanks
- Crazy Birthday Cake Tops: Willow's by choice.
- Peasant Tops: don't spill anything purply on them! (thanks
- Tweed: the Giles uniform (thanks cookie)
- Jenny Calendar calls the TV "the idiot box" while Giles refers
to the computer as "the idiot box." (thanks Liane!)
- Poetry: hmmm, let's see... what rhymes with lungs? Well, it's
not "effulgent"! (thanks Jessi)
- "Note to self: Religion, scary" (thanks Jessi)
- The most important thing is the Gaia Newsletter!
- Giles likes the Bay City Rollers (thanks cookie)
- Willow remembers to tape Biography (thanks cookie)
- Political correctness: where vampires become Undead Americans.
(thanks to: Kelsey)
- Poker - even for kittens.
- Stakes - Because pepper spray is just so passe. (thanks Amber!)
- Syphilis (His penis got diseases from a Chumash tribe!)
- Shoes from Veracci - as long as they're for next spring...
- Playstations (thanks to: Ryan)
- pool cues - Buffy's emergency stake of choice (Thanks to Galetea)
- career tests - do the words "sealed" and "fate" ring a bell
for you? (Thanks to Galetea)
- a healthy fear of dummies (a la "Puppet Show") (Thanks to
- Tuesdays: Duh!
- Railroad Spikes: Spike much? (Thank you firstname.lastname@example.org)
- It's there and then it's not. . . mini golfing.(Thank you
thumbs: did you ever look at one and say to yourself, "Hey...
this doesn't stick out!"
quote in "Ghost of Alcatraz/Power of Two": "Where's Buffy when
you need her?" (Thanks to: Jule)
schooling: It's not just for scary religious people any more.
(thanks to: Natrad)
involving Oedipus Rex - and it doesn't have anything to do with
of right now, SMG and Seth Green are both 2 degrees away from
Kevin Bacon, making the rest of the cast 3 degrees.
you like to go on field trips now? Well, maybe if you avoid
the hyenas and the mummies.